Would you look at that another ReadAThon! This ReadAThon was created by 2 BookTubers! Chelsea @ Chelseadollingreads and April @ Aprilius Maximus. I discovered this ReadAThon through Bex @ BexnBookx go and check out her TBR! 😀
This ReadAThon runs for 4 days: 12:00am on Friday the 2nd of December to 11:59pm on Monday the 5th of December in your time zone! There are 5 challenges that reach relate to a Harry Potter character!
Because I have recently quit my job and I don’t want to be spending extra money I am going to try and fit books that I already own into each of these categories!
The Challenges and my TBR
Harry: read a book that BookTube has deemed the ‘Chosen One’ (a hyped book)
I’m pretty sure ou can consider this book to have a lot of hype, if not the book for Challenge 2 would also go in this category, but I am going to attempt to read 5 books.. But if that doesn’t happen I will just try and fit the books I do read into the categories! We will see how many I get through!
I am also going to try and read this book last as I have a copy of A Torch Against the Night as well. So, if I read this last I will read A Torch Against the Night straight afterward because I really do hate reading one book in the series and leaving it a couple months to read the next!
Hermione: Read a book that has a badass female character
Well, I googled ‘books with badass female characters’ and this was the first book on the list I saw and I happen to already have a copy of this! So that is why I chose it!
This is also the book that could fit in challenge 1. I discovered this book when I started watching BookTube as so many people were talking about it because the next book in the series had come out!
I have never read a fairytale retelling so this will be an interesting read!
Ron: Read a red or orange book
I recently received this book in The YA Chronicles subscription box and even though the main colour on the cover is black, I’m still going to use this! Considering I have never read a fairytale retelling, like I said before I am going to be read 2 in this ReadAThon. I have also never read anything by Marissa Meyer and I am reading 2 in this ReadAThon.. So I hope I like her writing! This book could also go under the Hyped book challenge seen as people have been talking about this for months coming up to its release!
Dumbledore: Read a book that features LGBTQIA+ Characters
Okay, so here is where I need help! As I said above I don’t want to purchase any books for this ReadAThon. I don’t have any books that are well known for their LGBTQIA Characters. So I need help..
I will put a list of all the physical books on my TBR and also the iBooks that I have and if you know that any of these have LGBTQIA characters please let me know!
A lot of the iBooks I have, I’ve got no idea what they are because a mate gave me copies or they were free downloads and sounded interesting at the time! And checking them on Goodreads most of the time doesn’t help as most people just label books as Diverse and Diverse means more than just LGBTQIA.
SO PLEASE HELP ME OUT!
- Delirium by Lauren Oliver
- The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken
- These Broken Stars by Amie Kaufman
- The Price of Valour by John Hamilton
- Nevernight by Jay Kristoff
- An Ember in the Ashes and A Torch Against the Night by Sabaa Tahir
- Three Dark Crowns by Kendare Blake
- Cinder by Marissa Meyer
- Snow Like Ashes by Sara Raasch
- Go Set a Watchman by Harper Lee
- Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon
- Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo
- Holding up the Universe by Jennifer Niven
- Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas
- The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins
- World War Z by Max Brooks
- The Golden Compass by Philip Pullman
- Words in Deep Blue by Cath Crowly
- Shiver and linger by Maggie Stiefvater
- The Passage by Justin Cronin
- UnEnchanted and Fairest by Chanda Hahn
- November 9 by Coleen Hoover
- The Watchmaker’s Daughter by C.J. Archer
- The Finite by Safa Shaqsy
- The Last Firewall by William Hertling
- Insight by Jamie Magee
- The Sanctuary Series by Robert J. Crane
- The Change by Teyla Branton
- Discern by Andera Pearson
- Snow and Ash: Endless Winter by Theresa Shaver
- Deep Blue Secret by Christie Anderson
- Ignited by Desni Dantone
- Back to Lazarus by Judy K. Walker
- Chained Guilt by Terry Keys
- Rift by Andreas Christens
- Bound by Duty by Stormy Smith
- Evensong bu Krista Walsh
- Mindspeak by Heather Sunseri
- Runes by Ednah Walters
- Wicked Luck by Shannon L. Maynard
- Magemother by Austin J. Bradley
- Sword Bearer by Teddy Jacobs
- The Healer by C.J. Anaya
- Branded by Keary Taylor
- The Gifting K.E. Ganshert
Hagrid: A comfort read (a book by a favourite author/a re-read/a book you know you’re going to love)
So, obviously, I am going with the book by a favourite author part! I love the Harry Potter series and J.K. Rowling! So, I am so keen to get to this book and dive back into the Wizarding World! And guess what guys?! Finally, a book and movie that are exactly the same! HAHA. Anyway. I will hopefully be going to see the movie during the weekend that this ReadAThon is on! It comes out in the cinema in the next town on the 1st, so I will be straight there that weekend haha.
Well, that’s my TBR! Please help me find a book that I can read for challenge 4. If I can’t find something I’m just going to skip that Challenge and if I get time I will just read a random book, so I have 5.