So, 2016 is finally over and I saw this post today and thought that this would be awesome to participate in.
This survey was created by Jamie @ The Perpetual Page-Turner, click the link to check out her announcement and to sign up.
2016 Reading Stats
Number Of Books You Read: 54
Number of Re-Reads: 8
Genre You Read The Most From: Fantasy!
Best in Books
1. Best Book You Read In 2016?
Illuminae & Gemina by Amie Kaufman & Jay Kristoff, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them by J.K. Rowling, the Miss Peregrine’s Peculiar Children series by Ransom Riggs, Rebel of the Sands by Alwyn Hamilton & Traitor’s Gate by Michael Ridpath
2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?
Heartless by Marissa Meyer & Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin
3. Most surprising (in a good way or bad way) book you read?
Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, I did not enjoy it at all! Review here, this is not a spoiler free review!
4. Book You “Pushed” The Most People To Read (And They Did)?
Well not 100% sure that people read it, but I am always recommending Illumine & Gemina and also Rebel of the Sands by Alwyn Hamilton
5. Best series you started in 2016? Best Sequel of 2016? Best Series Ender of 2016?
Snow Like Ashes by Sara Raasch – Gemina by Amie Kaufman & Jay Kristoff – Library of Souls by Ransom Riggs
6. Favorite new author you discovered in 2016?
Ransom Riggs, Alwyn Hamilton, Amie Kaufman, Jay Kristoff, Markus Zusak, Maggie Stiefvater & basically most of the authors I read this year 😂.
7. Best book from a genre you don’t typically read/was out of your comfort zone?
The Unexpected Everything by Morgan Matson, You Know Me Well by Nina LaCour and David Levithan & Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
8. Most action-packed/thrilling/unputdownable book of the year?
Illuminae by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff, Snow Like Ashes and Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children
9. Book You Read In 2016 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year?
Uhmmmm Harry Potter! But maybe The Raven Boys as I plan to read the rest of the series and same with The Iron King by Julie Kagawa. Also maybe Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them by J.K. Rowling, because why not! and it’s really short, so it will be easy re-read.
10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2016?
I’m choosing 3, Rebel of the Sands by Alwyn Hamilton, Snow Like Ashes by Sara Raasch & Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them by J.K. Rowling
11. Most memorable character of 2016?
Meira, I’m reading Ice Like Fire at the moment and I’m loving her at the moment!
12. Most beautifully written book read in 2016?
The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
13. Most Thought-Provoking/ Life-Changing Book of 2016?
Don’t really have one..
14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2016 to finally read?
Most of the books I read haha! I didn’t really read much before 2016 and I didn’t read blogs or watch BookTube to know that all these marvellous things exist.
15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2016?
Well, a re read and it’s from Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
‘We won’t be seeing you,’ Fred told Professor Umbridge, swinging his leg over his broomstick.
‘Yeah, don’t bother to keep in touch,’ said George, mounting his own.
Fred looked around at the assembled students, and at the silent, watchful crowd.
‘If anyone fancies buying a Portable Swamp, as demonstrated upstairs, come to number ninety-three, Diagon Alley — Weasleys’ Wizard Wheezes,’ he said in a loud voice, ‘Our new premises!’
‘Special discounts to Hogwarts students who swear they’re going to use our products to get rid of this old bat,” added George, pointing at Professor Umbridge.
– Fred and George Weasley
16.Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2016?
Besides the Pottermore Presents books that were like 40 pages or something on eBooks. I think Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find To Them by J.K. Rowling
And longest would be Geminae by Amie and Jay Kristoff
17. Book That Shocked You The Most
Snow Like Ashes
18. OTP OF THE YEAR (you will go down with this ship!)
Meira & Mather! Only 3/4 of the way through the 2nd book, so I don’t know how it ends, but….
19. Favorite Non-Romantic Relationship Of The Year
Newt Scamander & Jacob Kowalski
20. Favorite Book You Read in 2016 From An Author You’ve Read Previously
The Kanin Chronicles by Amanda Hocking & The Watersong Series by Amanda Hocking. I read The Trylle Trilogy by Amanda Hocking a few years back now and this year read 2 more of her series and loved them! I plan to eventually read more of her work!
21. Best Book You Read In 2016 That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else/Peer Pressure:
Me Before You by Jojo Moyes, Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins & The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater.
22. Newest fictional crush from a book you read in 2016?
Mather and I have no idea why. He was kind of a jerk at the start, to Meira anyway.
23. Best 2016 debut you read?
Rebel of the Sands by Alwyn Hamilton
24. Best Worldbuilding/Most Vivid Setting You Read This Year?
25. Book That Put A Smile On Your Face/Was The Most FUN To Read?
Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them by J.K. Rowling, being back in that world and all the feels!
26. Book That Made You Cry Or Nearly Cry in 2016?
The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
27. Hidden Gem Of The Year?
The Iron King by Julie Kagawa, Ready Player One by Ernest Cline & Traitor’s Gate by Michael Ridpath. These are all books I hadn’t heard of before in the Book blogging or BookTube world and I picked up not really know much but the genre.
28. Book That Crushed Your Soul?
Don’t really have one.
29. Most Unique Book You Read In 2016?
I can’t really think of a book that I read that fits this question.
30. Book That Made You The Most Mad (doesn’t necessarily mean you didn’t like it)?
Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, again link is up there somewhere for my Rant review!
Your Blogging/Bookish Life
1. New favorite book blog you discovered in 2016?
Well, I discovered all the book blogs in 2016!
2. Favorite review that you wrote in 2016?
Uhmm, I don’t really know. Maybe The Book Thief?
3. Best discussion/non-review post you had on your blog?
4. Best event that you participated in (author signings, festivals, virtual events, memes, etc.)?
I really enjoyed participating in the BookTubeAThon, the #ReadThemAllThon & Fall Bookish Bingo
5. Best moment of bookish/blogging life in 2016?
6. Most challenging thing about blogging or your reading life this year?
Trying to manage work, study, reading, blogging & social life.
7. Most Popular Post This Year On Your Blog (whether it be by comments or views)?
8. Post You Wished Got A Little More Love?
Uhmm, don’t really know. I wish all of my posts got a little bit more love, but it doesn’t bother me.
9. Best bookish discover (book related sites, book stores, etc.)?
10. Did you complete any reading challenges or goals that you had set for yourself at the beginning of this year?
1. One Book You Didn’t Get To In 2016 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2017?
There is a lot but the rest of The Raven Cycle series, the rest of The Iron Fey series & World War Z
2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2017 (non-debut)?
Traitor to the Throne by Alwyn Hamilton, I have been waiting for this since I read Rebel of the Sands earlier this year.
3. 2017 Debut You Are Most Anticipating?
Just did a whole Top Ten Tuesday on this, but Caraval would have to be the one I’m looking forward to most.
4. Series Ending/A Sequel You Are Most Anticipating in 2017?
Again Rebel of the Sands by Alwyn Hamilton, also the next book in The Illuminae Files & also the next Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them book
5. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging Life In 2017?
Get 100 followers, nearly there now.
6. A 2017 Release You’ve Already Read & Recommend To Everyone:
None 😟 I don’t get ARCs or anything.
That is it for this long Survey! Let me know if you participated too!