I wasn’t specifically tagged in this one but I have been trying to get back into blogging more, so I thought bringing back Tag Sunday. I saw Destiny from Howling Libraries do this one, so decided to give it a go as well! You should also go and check her out!
1. You have 20,000 books on your TBR. How do you decide what to read next?
Probably find a ReadAThon with specific challenges and join that and let the challenges choose what I read!
2. You’re halfway through a book, and you’re just not loving it. Do you put it down or are you committed?
DNF for sure! I DNF fairly regularly as I can usually feel pretty early if I’m going to find a book boring. No point wasting time on average books when you could be reading awesome ones!
3. The end of the year is coming, and you’re behind on your reading challenge. do you try to catch up? And if so, how?
Try and catch up! Probably join a ReadAThon which will push me to read more & also find some audiobooks & graphic novels on Scribd that I can get through quickly!
4. The covers of a series you love do not match. How do you cope?
If its a series that I could buy matching editions of (that are pretty) but just don’t have the cash for it ATM, then I’m not too worried as I know I’ll buy the good matching covers at some point. However, if the publisher’s change the covers part way through a series or something along those lines and I can’t get matching covers, then that frustrates the hell out of me. If its a series I love though I’ll get over it eventually even if it pisses me off.
5. Everyone and their mother love a book that you do not. Who do you bond with over your shared feelings?
I don’t really know. Even the people who I have very similar tastes as there is still the odd couple of popular books that I’m not a fan of. So don’t really have a specific person.
6. You’re reading a book in public, and you’re about to start crying. How do you deal?
Sorry, can’t relate. I barely ever read in public except the very odd occasion at the Drs. And also I barely ever cry in books. So I’ve never had this issue, so I have no idea.
7. The sequel to a book you loved just came out, but you’ve forgotten a lot of what happens. Are you going to reread it?
It depends on the book really. Sometimes I will reread but usually I’ll just jump into it. On the odd occasion I will google a book overview for the book I can’t remember.
8. You do not want anyone to borrow your books. How do you politely say no when someone asks?
Yeah, if you know me then you will know that I don’t do most thinks politely. So I would likely just say ‘Nope, don’t lend my books!’… I also don’t even have a real life person that would want to borrow any books as basically none of my mates read or if they do it’s only very small amounts.
9. You have picked up and put down five books in the last month. How do you get over this reading slump?
Reread Harry Potter series and/or jump on the audiobook bandwagon. Sometimes rerad Harry Potter via audiobook. Also Agatha Christie Audiobooks are great!
10. There are so many books coming out that you are dying to read. How many do you end up buying?
That depends on what I can afford. I work seasonally, so from April to September it’s usually a bit tight, so I usually utilise AfterPay and get a couple books at a time with breaks inbetween. Thank goodness for AfterPay 😂
11. After you purchase all of these books that you’re dying to read, how long do they sit on your shelf before you read them?
Firstly, uhm, Rude! That really depends. Sometimes I read them within the month but also sometimes I leave them for months of years. There isn’t really a good answer for that one!
Anyone who feels like doing the tag!
I’ve been super inactive on here for months. So I really need to get back into that and make some friends again. 😂
What are your thoughts on DNFing? Are you like me and just scrap a book if you’re not loving it?
Purchase any of the books mentioned from BOOK DEPOSITORY! World Wide FREE shipping and awesome prices? Can’t say no to that!
All the links!
Dusk Angel Reads:
Dusk Angel Reads Twitter
Dusk Angel Reads Instagram
Dusk Angel Store:
Buy Candles, Book Sleeves, Sprayed Edged Books & more on our website!
Dusk Angel Store Instagram
Dusk Angel Store Facebook
Dusk Angel Store Twitter
Automotive Photography Blog
Automotive Photography Instagram
Automotive Photography Facebook
Some of the links on my blog are affiliate links. This does not change the price of your purchases, however, I receive a small commission if you use any of those links to make a purchase! Which I highly appreciate!