Yes, I am hosting another ReadAThon!! As you may know, I am Aussie, so I decided to create a ReadAThon based on Australian Stereotypes!
WHEN: starting at 12:01am on the 12th and finishing at midnight on the 19th of October in your timezone! Yes, it is 8 days because we Aussies like to do things a little different!
The first point of call. No, you do not have to be Aussie to participate!!
You are planning on participating please use the hashtag #MateAThon on social media so we can see your posts!!
Now, what you are all here to know! Reading challenges!
Firstly, each challenge is themed around Australian Stereotypes.
The Reading Challenges are optional. You can choose to do none, do a couple or do them all, it’s up to you. You are also welcome to use 1 book for 1 or 2 challenges, but no more than 2.
Only cook on a ‘Barbie’: Read a book with food on the cover
F*ck it’s hot: Read a hot recent release
We all eat Vegemite for breakfast, lunch & dinner: Read a book with black on the cover
MATE: Read a book that has the letters M, A, T & E somewhere on the cover
All the native animals want to kill/eat us: Read a book about assassins
We ride Kangaroos to school: Read a book set in school/uni/college
Every Aussie can surf: Read a book with an MC that has an interesting hobby
Every Aussie is tan: Read a book by an Aussie Author
This is a Book Tag that goes along with the ReadAThon but is completely optional. If you wish to do the tag simply answer the questions in a post before or during the ReadAThon on any social media platform (Blog, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, Litsy, etc). Make sure you use #SotBBT so we can see your answers.
You are welcome to tag your friends even if they aren’t participating. While the Tag does go along with the ReadAThon you do not have to be participating to do the tag, it’s just a normal book tag.
Also please link back to me as the creator of the tag when posting.
1. Shrimp on the Barbie: A favourite book with food on the cover
2. G’day Mate: A favourite book by an Aussie Author
3. It’s always hot, everywhere: A hot new release you are anticipating?
4. All the wildlife want to kill us: What is your favourite bookish animal?
5. Everyone eats vegemite: A food mentioned in a book you would love to try?
6. Riding Kangaroos to school? Nah the cool kids ride Emus!: What fictional school would you like to attend?
7. Spiders the size of dinner plates: A favourite scary/thriller book?
8. We all talk in slang that no one but an Aussie can understand: What translated book is on your TBR that you really want to get to?
9. Everything that isn’t the coast, is a desert: A very baron read? (dull/boring)
10. We drink… A lot: What fictional character would you like to sit down and have a drink with?
11. Aussies only have 4 food groups – Steak, Meat Pies, Tim Tams & Sausages on bread: What are 4 books you think everyone should read?
12. No matter what time of the year an Aussie will always be wearing thongs: What is a book related essential you always use? e.g. a pen & ruler for annotating your books
You can find MateAThon on Twitter & Instagram!
We will be holding Twitter sprints throughout the ReadAThon.
There will be Instagram challenges. So make sure you go and follow and they will be posted in the week before the ReadAThon.
Let me know if you are planning to participate! Make sure you use #MateAThon so I can see all your TBRs & posts!!
Purchase any of the books mentioned from Book Depository! World Wide Free Shipping.