I think this is the 4th time I was tagged for this award, but as it’s been forever I thought I would do it! Thank you to the lovely Trisha @ The Tea Reader who tagged me!
Rules of Sunshine Blogger Award:
- Thank blogger(s) who nominated you for the award and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
- Nominated 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog
1. What is your favourite bookish trope? (I borrowed this from Anna since I really liked the question.)
It really depends on how well the trope is done, but some I don’t mind if done well are villain redeems themselves, chosen one & protagonist sacrificing themselves.
2. What is your least favourite bookish trope?
Now here I have a list:
Every MC finding their love interest (You know its more likely to meet someone and NOT fall in love!)
Absent/arsehole/dead/missing parents (Again, more likely to have parents that are present and not complete arseholes… Why can’t YA characters actually have awesome parents occasionally!)
Continuous use of quotes such as: “she felt her heart begin to race”, “The corner of his mouth quirked up” & “I let out a breath I didn’t realise I was holding”
3. If you had to have three YA book characters back you up in a fight, who would they be?
Amani from Rebel of the Sands
Lila Bard from A Darker Shade of Magic
Ginny Weasley from Harry Potter
4. How many books are on your TBR?
I have 57 books on my physical TBR!
5. How many books have you read this year so far?
6. What’s the story behind your blogs name?
Okay, so this is a little random. But ‘Dusk Angel’ was a randomly generated name from when I signed up for Runescape when I was in high school. I couldn’t think of a username at the time and didn’t want to use anything close to my real name as I did for everything else. So I just kept randomly generating usernames until Duskangel…. came up. I really liked it, so I kept using it for other things. Originally I used duskangel222 for personal things. Then when I created my blog I added ‘Reads’ at the end. I am also a photographer running under ‘Dusk Angel Photography’. I’m a beauty therapist and my salon is called ‘Dusk Angel Beauty’ and I will soon be creating candles which I am calling ‘Candles by Dusk Angel’
7. Give me three interesting facts about yourself?
I always need to be doing something! I run my own salon. I work as a seasonal Lifeguard. I run a photography hobby business, Dusk Angel Photography where I photograph cars & trucks. I run this blog and a Youtube, Instagram & Twitter that goes along with it. I run the Facebook Group The YA Book Nerds. I run an international Book exchange, The Book Nerds Book Exchange. I host 2 ReadAthons and planning a 3rd (TBR Jar ReadAThon & MateAThon). I run The Ultimate ReadAThon Guide. I’m starting a candle company, just waiting for supplies. There is probably something I’m missing.
I used to Parade & Judge cattle at regional shows in the area when I was in high school.
I own 3 cats, Hoppy (who only has 3 legs), Mmiee (pronounced M-E) & Possum (who is the devil covered in fluff) & a rescue dog, Roxy, that came from an abusive & neglectful home. She is blue heeler cross labrador and she is gorgeous!
8. What’s your favourite book that you’ve read so far in 2018?
Just 1?! Nope.
The Themis Files by Sylvain Neuvel, This Mortal Coil by Emily Suvada, Graevale by Lynette Noni & Truly Devious by Maureen Johnston
9. What book has been on you TBR the longest?
Well, I have unhauled most of the really old ones. But maybe And I Darken by Kiersten White or A Shadow Bright and Burning by Jessica Cluess.
10. What is the number one thing that you’re grateful for?
I never know what to answer for this..
11. As a kid what did you want to be when you grew up?
I didn’t have an exact plan but I wanted to work with animals.
I won’t be tagging 11, but here is who I tag!
Kathy @ Books and Munches
Destiny @ Howling Libraries
Abi @ Abi’s Book Reviews
Ashleigh @ A Tower of Books
1. What fictional animal would you love as a companion?
2. What book have you recently purchased that you are the keenest for?
3. What’s one item/device you wish you could own from any fictional world?
4. How do you organise your bookshelves?
5. What do you own the most of? Paperback, Hardcovers, eBooks, audiobooks, etc.
6. If you had to choose, choose one book that you want to completely forget? Whether it be to read it again for the first time or because you hate it and wish you had never read it
7. How long have you been blogging?
8. How many bookshelves do you own?
9. Share the 1st sentence in your current read.
10. What books have you reread?
11. Do you participate in ReadAThons? What is your favourite thing about them?
Purchase any of the books mentioned from Book Depository! World Wide Free Shipping.
Aussie? Want quick shipping? Awesome prices? Want to be able to use AfterPay? Maybe try Booktopia or even Angus & Robertson!
SOME OF THE LINKS ON MY BLOG ARE AFFILIATE LINKS. THIS DOES NOT CHANGE THE PRICE OF PURCHASES, HOWEVER, I RECEIVE A SMALL COMMISSION TO HELP ME KEEP THIS BLOG ALIVE!