So this is the second time I have bee nominated for the Liebster Award! You can find my first one HERE. This time I was tagged by Tracey @ Books & Other Pursuits! Make sure you go check out her gorgeous blog and thanks so much for the tag!
- Answer the questions that were left for you
- Nominate your favourite new bloggers (or those with less than 500 followers)
- Write 11 questions for them to answer
- Follow all of the blogs linked (including mine)!
1. How do you feel about cliffhangers?
I don’t mind them. Yes, it is frustrating when the next book isn’t out yet and you just want to find out what happens next straight away but it’s not horrible. It makes me excited for the next book and keen to get my hands on it and that is really the point of a cliffhanger. The authors put them there so you are excited for the next book straight away!
2. Love Triangles, yes or no?
Hell no. I am not a romance reader in the first place but if I am told that a book contains a love triangle before reading it then I will not pick it up. I can’t stand love triangles at all!
3. The most recent book you just couldn’t finish?
Uhmm, I think the last book I DNFd was Carve the Mark by Veronica Roth. However, I nearly DNFd The School for Good and Evil very recently but the only reason I didn’t was because I was using it for a challenge for #TheReadingQuest and I didn’t own any other books that would fit the challenge.
4. A book you dislike that everyone else seems to love?
I have a couple of these but the most recent one I can think of is Flame in the Mist by Renée Ahdieh. This book was just not for me. I guess I could also say The School for Good and Evil as a lot of people have said they love it, but it was just too childish and pathetic for me and I couldn’t stand it. I don’t even think I would have enjoyed this if I read it while I was younger.
5. A book you can always reread?
Harry Potter! I have lost track of how many times I have reread this series. At all times I am usually part way through one of the Harry Potter audiobooks as I just chuck them on while doing random stuff when I won’t be able to get my full attention like would be needed for a new read.
6. Can you read while hearing music?
Hell no. I can’t stand music, tv or a heap of noise when I am reading. I need silence but I can drown out people talking while I’m reading if I have to (like if I was at an appointment waiting or something like that).
7. One POV or multiple POV’s?
I like both single & multi POV. Some single POV books can be a little dull or confusing and I do want another POV from another character to understand them better but that’s only occasionally.
8. Who is your favourite character in a book series?
This question is a little confusing but I am assuming that we just pick our favourite character overall? Which is an extremely hard question. So I’m going to say my second favourite character in my favourite series. My favourite series is Harry Potter and we all know my favourite character is Sirius.. So that’s why I’m going for my second favourite at the moment which is The Medoran Chronicles and my favourite character is Bear.
9. Who/What gave you your love for reading?
Well my Mum enjoys reading but doesn’t read a lot and never tried to get me to read. What really got me into reading was The Trylle Trilogy by Amanda Hocking as it was the first series I ever read that wasn’t for school. But then I didn’t read a heap straight after that.. But I think after a fair gap in my reading it was the Divergent series by Veronica Roth that started it all over again.
10. Why did you start blogging?
Well, originally I wanted to start a BookTube channel. I even filmed a couple videos but I just wasn’t happy with it and gave up for a while. Then I discovered the book blogging community and felt like this would fill in my want to connect and share my opinions but with out the videoing part. And I have fallen in love with this community. I still one day would like to start BookTubing but at the moment I am content to be just here and if I did start BookTube I still wouldn’t give up this platform.
11. What has been your biggest blogging achievement?
I honestly don’t know. It has all be kinda surreal. Making my first friend on here was awesome! The first time an author or publisher contacted me to review their book. When I started a bookstagram and found a whole other bookish community & the same with Twiter! When I signed up and got my first request accepted on NetGalley. When I won my first bookish giveaway on Twitter. When I got my first physical ARC. It’s just all so amazing!
1. What book do you own multiple editions of? Or want to?
2. What reading habits do you hate?
3. What is your favourite way to read? Audiobook? eBook? Kindle? Hardcover? Paperback?
4. What is your favourite app to buy or borrow books?
5. What is a genre that you will never pick up?
6. What is your least favourite book to movie or TV show adaptation?
7. What is your favourite bookish platform that isn’t blogging?
8. Who is your favourite most recent blogger you have discovered?
9. Do you do anything else while writing blog posts? Watch YouTube? Listening to music or an audiobook?
10. What type of blog posts do you love writing?
11. And which type of blog post do you like writing the least?
That is it for this award! Again thanks so much Tracey for tagging me!