Title: The Lightning Thief
Author: Rick Riordan
Series Name: Percy Jackson and the Olympians
Genre: Middle Grade Fantasy
Publication Date: June 28th, 2005
Pages: 377 (Paperback)
Publishers: Disney Hyperion Books
Percy Jackson is about to be kicked out of boarding school… again. And that’s the least of his troubles. Lately, mythological monsters and the gods of Mount Olympus seem to be walking straight out of the pages of Percy’s Greek mythology textbook and into his life. And worse, he’s angered a few of them. Zeus’ master lightning bolt has been stolen, and Percy is the prime suspect.
Now Percy and his friends have just ten days to find and return Zeus’ stolen property and bring peace to a warring Mount Olympus. But to succeed on his quest, Percy will have to do more than catch the true thief: he must come to terms with the father who abandoned him; solve the riddle of the Oracle, which warns him of betrayal by a friend; and unravel a treachery more powerful than the gods themselves.
Okay, so I’m not going to go into the full review for this book as basically everyone knows what the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series is and a majority have people have read it and a majority of those people like it.
– The world is really well done and well developed. It was easy to picture what has happened throughout the book.
– I liked most of the characters and they developed well throughout the book. Annabeth is probably my favourite character.
– The book was action packed but also well paced. There were slower parts but they were used to develop the world or characters.
– As the book is more of a middle grade book it is easier and quicker to read than what I’m used to.
– Percy’s character did not feel like a 12 year old. Nor does Annabeth really either but it makes a little more sense seen as she has known about the world and been in it for a lot longer.
– The cover of this book doesn’t really make sense honestly. Why is Percy standing on the head of a Poseidon statue?
HAVE YOU READ THIS BOOK? WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS ON IT?!
IF YOU ARE GOING TO SHARE SPOILERS IN THE COMMENTS THEN PLEASE WARN IT SO OTHERS DON’T GET SPOILED!